Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Welcome Spring

    As soon as Christmas was finished I put my Spring wreath right back up. It makes me so happy and helps remind me that Spring is just around the corner.
   
 I made each of the colors a different kind of felt flower. The yellow was cut into a long strip, folded in half lengthwise and then you cut the petals the width you would like. The blue was the same method but wider petals. Then you wrap it around itself and glue. The orange is made by cutting small circles and folding them in half and then in half again. I cut off the point and glued them on a circle of felt. The rose starts out as a circle(about 5-6 inches). You cut in a spiral from the outside working your way to the center of the circle. You can make it a straight cut or like I did with a rounded zig zag, going up and down with peaks and valleys until you reach the center. Leave a round circle in the middle uncut so you can glue the flower as you wrap the petals around and around the outside.
       The wreath itself was purchased at Micheal's. It's the kind made of hay and very inexpensive. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment