Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Lemon Meringue Cake

         I have to say how much I love getting our Food Network Magazine. Yes, you can just look up recipe's online, but when I get the magazine, I see so many fun things I want to try and would never think to look up. The January/February 2013 issue had birthday cakes for every month of the year. I tried out the Lemon Meringue Cake, one because I love lemon, and two because I'd only heard of lemon meringue pies. It sounded pretty fun.
        I have to say it turned out soooo yummy. I've already made it twice. Once for a church party and again for Easter. It was the perfect spring dessert.
        I did make a slight change the second time I made it. Instead of putting the lemon curd in between the two separate cakes, I cut each cake in half so I could put the curd in between 3 layers. That helped distribute the lemon flavor more throughout the cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment