Monday, February 25, 2013

Knit that!

       Like I've mentioned before, one of my new obsessions is knitting. It's something that I've always admired but was always too intimidated to try. My grandma taught me how to crochet when I was in 5th grade and it was no problem at all, but the idea of TWO needles just kinda blew my mind. I had my mom show me how a couple years ago and it just didn't sink in. I decided that I was going to conquer that skill if it killed me and so my mom showed me yet again and...I got it! My 10 year old daughter and I both picked it up, so we had each other for support.
       I'm still a novice but I decided to expand my horizons beyond knitting scarves. I found a great blog that showed me how to knit this gorgeous waffle knit hat. http://www.pickles.no/waffel-hat/ 
       It's slightly intimidating knitting on the round for the first time, but it ended up being totally easy. I found a you-tube video that showed me how to cast on and connect the two ends. I've forgotten which video it was, but if you did a search I'm sure you could find one.

I'm so happy with how it turned out, and so was my daughter since she ended up with it. My next project is a hat for my husband that has different colored designs in it. I saw a book at the library that teaches you how to graph out a pattern for a hat. I think I'll try it out and tell you how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment